Monday 3 May 2010

Me and Tarot.




I would love to bore you to death with history of Tarot, and how it came to Europe, and how it made its transition from a playing game to a fortune telling game. But the fact remains, that nobody really knows, and if I want to leave you with doubts, I might as well leave it to Google. So.

Lets talk about how did I find my way to Tarot. I was ca 26, and my life was a mess. I had a friend, who used to visit a psychic. Somehow she managed to find a Tarot reader who lived in the town where I worked. So I thought - why not give it a shot? It will be fun, and maybe I will find some answers.
The psychic was a girl of my age, very beautiful, and the whole session was more like talking to a good friend - but this one also happened to possess a deck of wonderfully painted cards.
Even though I did not get any answers I wouldn't know myself, it was a great experience. And I was absolutely and totally attracted to the cards. Even now, just talking about them, I get the warm feeling around my heart.

So, that was my first Tarot experience. A year later, after I moved from Slovakia to The Netherlands, I have bought me my first deck of Tarot cards. As far as I remember, it was one of the first few things I have bought in The Hague. The shop itself is worth an extra article. They had a tall glass cabinet full of all kinds of decks. If you think about it, you must be really attracted to THE ONE AND ONLY deck, otherwise it's simply impossible to choose one. That is easier than it might seem - just take the one you love the most. Preferably the one you keep eyeing over and over again.

Nowadays Im a proud owner of several Tarot decks. Some of them are there just to put me into meditative mode, or to calm me down. One of them I use for real Tarot readings. It is a Rider-Waite Tarot deck.
Personally I dont think you should receive your own deck as a present (thats what they say). I think that Tarot is something that you can present yourself with, and it will become your close friend (and your mirror). As for me, I have 3 versions of the Rider-Waite Deck - Giant Cards, then something I would call a regular card size, and then a really tiny cute pocket version, sort of travel-kit.
So, call me Tarot freak, and I will gladly agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment